The WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Gateway ( formerly PayPal Express ) allows you to securely sell your Autoship and Subscription products online using In-Context Checkout, providing security, an easy integration, all from a name trusted around the world.
Autoship Cloud for WooCommerce is required for integrating the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout plugin with Autoship Scheduled Orders.
With Autoship Cloud and the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout extension, autoship merchants can allow customers to purchase products at checkout and on recurring orders, much more that than just the standard product subscription.
Patterns In the Cloud is an official PayPal® Partner. Get a better rate for your transactions and direct support from PayPal to help get your account setup properly for Autoship Cloud and your recurring orders!
WooCommerce Braintree® Requirements
You must have a PayPal Business Account with Reference Transactions enabled in order to use PayPal Express Checkout with Autoship Cloud for WooCommerce ( formerly WC Auto-Ship ).
Why Use WooCommerce PayPal Checkout?
Increase Conversions & Recurring Revenue
Over 148 million online shoppers pay with PayPal and transact nearly twice as often as non-PayPal customers. Imagine the possibilities when utilizing Autoship Cloud along with PayPal Checkout, you’ll not only gain the conversions you deserve but also the long run LTV ( Limetime Value ) that comes with Scheduled Orders and recurring payments.
A Faster, Easier Checkout and Schedule Order Creation
Customers can apply billing and shipping information already saved in their PayPal account during the checkout process.
Accepted All Over the World
PayPal has access to over 250 million shoppers, 203+ markets, 26 currencies and backed by a name known around the world. Allow customers from around the world to Schedule Recurring Orders with the ease and simplicity of PayPals currency and language support.
See the list of completely supported countries here
Use As A Single Payment Gateway
PayPal Express checkout integration can be used in place of the WooCommerce PayPal Standard gateway which does not fully support tokenized payments at this time. In addition, PayPal Express can give your customer a more seamless experience when checking out and creating a Scheduled Order.
Billing Agreements Are Saved At Checkout
When your customers use PayPal to checkout, their PayPal account is automatically saved as the payment method for future Autoship orders. What does this mean? It means no need for manual renewals or processing! With Autoship Cloud recurring orders processes automatically against the payment method attached to them at checkout and this payment method can be updated by the Customer via the My Account > Payments screen.
Additional Reasons to use PayPal Checkout
- Allows you to process PayPal and all major credit card ( Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, Diner’s Club, and JCB )
- Customers don’t need a PayPal account to use PayPal Checkout
- Accepts payments in over 63 currencies
- Reaches over 250M+ Customers
- Simple, Easy Integration with WooCommerce
- Supports Recurring Transactions for Recurring Orders
- Supports WooCommerce and can work with Autoship Cloud ( formerly WC Auto-Ship )
- Securely Store Customer Data
- Provide Payment Flexibility
- Is an Official WooCommerce Plugin
PayPal Checkout Supported Features
Autoship Cloud support PayPal Checkout’s ( formerly PayPal Express ) tokenized payment methods, new Credit Card Payment tokenization, and PayPal as a saved Payment method for future and recurring orders.
For more information on supported and non-supported WooCommerce PayPal Checkout / PayPal Express extension features see our support documentation here.
- Ensure you have the most recent version of Autoship Cloud ( previously WC Auto-Ship ) installed on your WooCommerce store.
- Sign up for PayPal.
- Enable PayPal Reference Transactions by following the instructions here
- Download the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout Extension.
- Install the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout extension.
- Follow the WooCommerce PayPal Checkout extension Configuration instructions here.
- Enable the PayPal Checkout payment method in your QPilot Merchant Account using the instructions found here
- Go through testing the WooCommerce checkout with Autoship Cloud enabled and a scheduled product using the PayPal Checkout gateway.
- Process the resulting Scheduled Order in QPilot to ensure your customers’ payment methods are correctly saved to the orders.
NOTE: Need help testing the checkout with a scheduled order and processing a schedule order? See our support documentation here.